Distance: 68 km
The tower fortification, built around 1150, has been a museum since 1969 with exhibits from rural and sacred art, folk culture and traditions. Also departments on mining, alpinism, skiing, firefighting, routes over the Tauern mountains, plus a schoolhouse from 1609 and a typical Pinzgau farmhouse.
June to Sept.: Tue to Fri 10am–5pm, Sat, Sun and public holiday 1–5pm;
May to Oct.: Sat, Sun, public holiday 1–5pm.
1,5 h
EUR: 5,–
unlimited free admission
Museumsstr. 2 
5730 Mittersill
T.: +43 6562 44 44 or +43 6562 42 92
E.: museum.mittersill@gmx.at
comments and reviews
no reviews / no comments