Pilgrimage Church of Maria Bühel

churches & graveyards
Distance: 19 km
A jewel of Baroque architecture.

It all started with a wayside shrine, erected by Georg Paris Ziurletti, then Dean of the monastery of Laufen, in 1663. The cross-shaped column, originally wooden and later replaced by masonry, showed a picture of Mary, Help of Christians.

Nowadays, visitors may admire a jewel of Baroque architecture. The splendid high altar with the “miraculous image” of Mary was created by Antonio Beduzzi.
Maria Bühel-Straße 4
5110 Oberndorf
T.: +43 6272 4243
comments and reviews
no reviews / no comments